Friday, January 1, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes. In this rendition of the character Sherlock and his side kick Watson are trying to find the leader of a cult who has came back from the dead. With explosions, hand to hand combat, and Robert Downey Jr.'s charm and wit, the film was set up to be very entertaining. In fact it was entertaining and may I say awesome.

I am a fan of Robert Downey Jr, what he brings to the table every time he is in a movie, for some reason I love him. Jude Law is also a nice touch to this action comedy. Guy Richie (Director) is able to put a strange twist into an old fashion character that is a huge risk. Sure a lot of critics will say that he is stupid for making Holmes more violent but again, ts entertaining. The movie made me laugh, got me involved with the characters, and had me guessing throughout.

The bads in this film are as follows... It is a little over the top. I can't point to much out of it other than that. However we should all realize it will be over the top when Guy Richie gets a hold of it.

The moral issues... The swearing is almost not there. 1 D word and 2 hells taken wrongly. There are a few sexual innuendos and some suggestive material, (I've seen worse in a Disney cartoon) also there are some frightening images. This is why it is PG-13. There is a man that is caught on fire while he is still alive, you see a corpse in a coffin with maggots on his face, and you see a man hanging(To Death). The main Villian is someone who is practicing Black Magic and that is why he is wanted by the law. Holmes does a pagan ritual and has weird flashbacks(Later we find that he just recreated the ritual to find out where the next murder will be. I will say that you might get a check in your spirit if you watch it. I won't ruin the ending for you but if you watch it just know it is going to be OK.

As an overall film I give it a 7 out of 10 and as an action comedy a 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment