Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Camp!!

Well, one week of summer camp down. I think it went pretty good, the first day was a rocky start, but good. I decided to get the kids there all safe, nobody was to badly injured except for scraped knees. Pastor Kyle and myself taught an all boys class, which was sprung upon us that day. Our last day we had a break down on our 5 foot high rock wall. The child would not move! He preceded to yell and shout and then he climbed higher instead of lower. Finally the problem was solved with a ladder only because we didn't have step stool. When I was his age I climbed to the top just to jump off.

Camp was fun, not a lot in the middle. The last day, the very end we are driving home. 3 years in a row e vantage hill has claimed our van and now I see myself face to face. Just like any other hill our van began to struggle, not unusual. We begin to creep up the monster and have almost summited the beast. "We did it," I said aloud. After hearing this I thought I heard a laugh, and then our van made a klunk noise and then we creeped to 25 mph then it turned off. The hill claimed our van for the 4th year in a row.

Just as I said in the previous blog I wanted a 95% return rate... which I achieved, only forgetting one person. I know, not bad for my first camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment