Tuesday, May 26, 2009

17 Again

So I know that this is not opening weekened but I'm not a God. However I did go watch it this weekened and loved it.

As Burr Steers' first big movie directing; I thought he did well. Nothing to spectacular directing but the film didn't really need any. There are a few scenes that hold out suspense due to his camera shots which I appreciated.

Well, Zac Effron in his first big movie outside of disney. At firtst I'll admit I was judgemental. "Oh Zac gets to play another highschool student who is popular." However he proved me wrong. His character is an adult trapped in a teenagers body so he did need to act outside of his normal high school role. With a lot of funny parts and a few emotional Zac Effron did a great job in his first non-disney movie.

Thomas Lennon, better known as Lut. Dangle from Reno 911. One word describes his character, hilarious. Nuff said.

Overall this movie was very funny, sometimes awkward, and entertaining. Luckly the movie is clean minus a few sex jokes which is awesome to see. I give this movie an 8 out of 10 in comedy and as an overall movie 7.6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment