Sunday, June 7, 2009

Up!

This movie was, in one word, AMAZING. You will laugh, you'll hold back tears, you'll leaved satisfied. The old man is lovable and hillarious from his grumpiness. The little boy Russell is great, hillarious, and when the movie is over you'll say goodbye to the crew with a teardrop in your eye. As an animated film I give this movie a 4.8. A few more funny parts would have been nice. As a movie, 4.5. They were kind of predictible in what they did. A kid would have no idea though and thats their audience so it worked.

On a negative side, the 3-D sucked. I pay 2 bucks extra to get these glasses so I would like to see a ligit 3-D movie. Nothing popped out at my face, i didn't feel like I was "there" and to top it off I think my face is sensitive because they hurt after awhile. This movie, along with the other 3-D movies I've seen pixar do, would be bettter not in 3-D. After watching 3-D movies in Universal and crapping my pants when a Terminator pops out to what seems 2 inches away from my face, I might have too high of expectations. So a word to the wise (AKA Pixar) don't do 3-D unless you're going to go all out. Make it special and something we long for. Not common trash. You'll run out of the neeed within the next year. But I'm sure you already thought of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment